So I just sent a series of Snapchats to Dooley about the feels I get when listening to Erdbeer Mund and this was his response.
"And it’s about when you’re just… when the world is just fucking you up so bad and your friends are acting like assholes and maybe you’re acting like an asshole too but you don’t want to admit it to yourself. And then you’re like, ‘I am just gonna hang out in my room by myself.’"
amandagearsolid replied to your photo “I wish I could wear this and look somewhat sane.”
Who cares about sanity when you look this hawt!
I seriously need to do some clothes shopping. This is my only shirt that comes close to fitting me. Thanks for the hawt comment. I do try. :-D
Wow, so, there are a few new faces in Franzdom, and I think we ought to get all buddy-buddy here and get to know each other. I was thinking we could just say a few things about ourselves; you can either reblog this or just post something, I don’t care.
My name is Leah. I’m 28 and live in North Carolina. I have a Master’s in Kapranding (well, not Kapranding, per se, but I do have a piece of paper that says “Master of _____” on it). I have a ~job~ that I do weekdays, 8-5, like a real ~adult~. I have two cat children and a husband. Nick is my favorite member and I ship McThomson. I haven’t seen Franz Ferdinand live yet, but in about six weeks amandagearsolid and I are gonna go to the Portland, Oakland, and LA shows. Nerk is the reason why I started playing guitar again. Franz Ferdinand is the reason I have so many lovely friends now and also that I’m coming out of my depression.
- I’m Lindsey.
- I’m one of the “old timer” fans at 28 I feel old.
- Wife, mother, student.
- Trying to figure out if I’m going to be a grown up and be done with college or go for another degree… I’m leaning towards getting my embalmer’s license.
- I work for my brother doing desktop support and sometimes some of the dirty work that is required in a “recovery” business.
- Other than my human children, I have three furbabies.
- The music of Franz Ferdinand is pretty much the sound track to my life. When I was a freshman in college, that was the subject of my English Comp final project. It was epic and I’m still upset that I can’t find it or I’d post the entire thing. All I can find is the section for “Come on Home”.
- I can’t pick a favorite member but if I had to, Nick maybe?
- I drink a lot of coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper. Bring me one of those and you’ll be my BFF.
- Headed to Portland with llllllllleah and amandagearsolid.
- Making a documentary about it with them and crapranos and some others.
- I’m not a huge “crack” contributor but I make a lot of inappropriate jokes because sometimes I have the sense of humor of a 13 year-old boy.
- I read the franz fics out loud with my husband.
- I have an offical fan club membership card in my wallet because that’s important to have on me at all times?
- I rock a “Stand on the Horizon” tat.
- I am the reason Kaprander is on tumblr… I think. I dunno we got into a conversation about tumblr and I sent him the link to franzferdinandphilosophes and my personal tumblr and BAM, he was on tumblr like the next day. You’re fucking welcome.
- When I’m not kapranding/franzing-the-fuck-out/shaking-my-McBooty, I’m probably writing with my husband, working on homework, running, prepping for softball, or fixating on my appearance.
Praise the goddess Lindsey for getting Kaprander on Tumblr, guys! I never knew that!
I think I made a bigger deal about it when it all happened in October but that was before I knew a lot of you. I was only really in contact with Katherine and Sarah at that point. It doesn’t really matter that much as I’m sure he would have found some place to post his hipster pictures without my drunk ass getting all up in his face about “DUDE. Have you heard about tumblr yet? You REALLY need to get one!!! There’s tons of really awesome people on it. There’s one whole blog called Franz Ferdinand Philosophies.” I probably topped all that off with a nice “FUCKIN’ A!” Totally not worthy of praise but I’ll take it if you’re offering.
Nick McCarthy at Zenith, Nantes, France 06.03.14 by Titouan Massé
An endless list of things I obsess over // 31. Are You Being Served?
I was listening to Check Your Head last night and when Pass the Mic came on, I started crying my face off when I heard these first few words. All of you have helped me in my sobriety more than you’ll ever know by just being there to listen, providing a distraction, or putting a smile on my face. You’ve all either felt what I’m feeling or heard about what I’m dealing with and that’s massive to me. I’m super grateful to my family, my friends, my AA family and my tumblr family today for helping me get to 90 days. You all rock and I love you more than you’ll ever know.
Thank you! There is a lot of gratitude happening today.
You are very welcome.
Also, which one of you is Bob Hardy????? (I’m not joking?????????????)
Word. Out yourself, son!
best damn spaghetti meatballs
Oh wow that’s awesome that fanfic can help you like that! I feel that way sometimes, too, and I don’t really want to repress anything. I’m glad you feel like you’re getting better. :)
It’s all about being comfortable in my own skin which has always been an issue. Until I get there 100%, I let my evil alter ego out from time to time. That bitch doesn’t give a funk.